We are once again headed out to do some errands and do some shopping.
This is a very typical scene from the front window of the truck.
This is one of the better hardware stores in Bujumbura. I was trying to find some small brackets to fix the desk we just bought. They didn't have any so I ended up buying a small hinge. It worked great.
This sewing machine was on sale in the hardware store. With one of these machines you don't have to worry about the electricity going off. Notice the fine detail and the craftsmanship of the cabinet. I am sure they would have fixed it good as new if you wanted to buy it.
These tailors are using foot treadle sewing machines that were on display at the hardware shop. They have their tailor shop on Mission Street which has just about anything you can imagine. The street is also full of potholes and on the end of the street you have to drive through a hugh hole full of water. There is a big pile of dirt beside it that hopefully they are eventually going to use to fill the hole.
I thought I would end with this photo of a man carrying a refrigerator on his head. This is one of the stores we shop at for electric appliances.
No comments:
Post a Comment